Preschool Program Overview
St Vincent Preschool was founded in 2009. The preschool assists parents in guiding their children toward lives of Christian integrity and maturity in the context of a Catholic Christian community. Both parents and school staff recognize that their first duty is to provide their children with wholesome role models whose values and habits commend themselves to imitation. Of special importance is the example of the school’s patron, St Vincent de Paul.
The preschool works with parents to promote the spiritual, moral, social and skill development of its students, taking care to recognize and to address the individual needs and readiness of each student.
Faith, compassion, self-discipline, and mutually high expectations
are the foundations upon which St Vincent Preschool is built.
St. Vincent Preschool serves families in the community who subscribe to the school’s philosophy and agree to abide by the policies and regulations of the school and the diocese.
PRESCHOOL ADMISSIONS & TUITION
In order to be admitted to St. Vincent Preschool, children must be:
- three years old by September 1st of the academic year to enter Pre-K 1;
- four years old by September 1st of the academic year to enter Pre-K 2;
- All children must be toilet-trained and they must be able to clean themselves after they use the toilet. The preschool staff is not allowed to clean a child after they use the bathroom. Disposable “pull-ups” are not allowed.
Priority is generally given to:
- Families in good standing with St. Vincent Parish, currently enrolled, or seeking enrollment;
- Children of families whose siblings are registered at St. Vincent Elementary School;
- Children of families in good standing and registered at other Catholic parishes;
- All other children whose parents, by their behavior, demonstrate an acceptance of the St. Vincent Parish philosophy.
An annual registration fee of $200.00 per child is due at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The annual tuition is $7,000.00 per child, billed in ten monthly installments. We offer a part time option in our 3-4 year old class, (Pre-K 1), at a reduced monthly rate. Please keep in mind that our financial responsibilities continue whether or not your child is in school. Therefore, if your child is absent due to illness or vacation, the tuition amount due will remain the same.
The normal preschool day is Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. For your child to get the full benefit of the program, it is best that your child be at school by 8:10. Coming in late interrupts the class time and also disrupts your child’s routine. For your convenience, children may be dropped of anytime between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM, free of charge. If there are a sufficient number of children needing care after 3:00 PM, St. Vincent Preschool will offer an extended care program, from 3:00 PM-6:00 PM, at an additional charge. Any child remaining at school past 3:00 PM will be charged for extended care. If you pick up your child after 6:00 PM, the late fee is $5.00 per minute. Extended care and late fee charges will be billed monthly, separate from the tuition.
Our program is “play based” because play is the work of children; it promotes the development of skills and competencies children need to deal with the world around them. We also incorporate the following into our daily routines:
- A sequential curriculum that allows children to acquire new knowledge by building on what they already know
- Establishes high expectations for all young children, recognizing that the rates and approaches to learning may vary among individuals
- Provides equity in education by giving children a common knowledge base to learn from
- Children can and should be in control of what and how they learn
- Children use all of their senses to learn about their world
- Relationships with others and classroom materials are important to a child’s learning process
- Children have many ways of expressing themselves
- The image of the child as a capable and competent learner
- Parent and community involvement is key
- The role of the teachers as partners in learning
- The environment is the third teacher
- Children engage in long term project work
- Documentation and portfolios of children’s work
- This fun-filled faith development program provides experiences for the child to explore God’s gift of ourselves, creation, family, and our Church community.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum (physically, intellectually, emotionally)
- Hands-on, multi-sensory activities, music and movement handwriting lessons
- Alphabet knowledge, letter and number recognition and formation
- Counting, drawing, shapes and numbers
ST. VINCENT PRESCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
In partnership with parents, the primary educators of their children, St. Vincent Preschool empowers three-to-five year old children, via a balanced program of physical, spiritual, social and academic activities, to make a successful and happy transition from the life of the home to the challenges and opportunities of St. Vincent School’s K-8 program.
Students at St Vincent Preschool are striving to become:
- enjoy God’s gift of creation.
- experience God’s love through the person of Jesus.
- respect the feelings and rights of others.
- have increasing independence in daily routines.
- solve problems and make simple decisions.
- have increasing self-control.
- understand that choices have consequences.
- explore the world around them and respect life in all forms.
- appreciate music, art and literature.
- enjoy and express themselves in dance, song, drama and movement.
- express ideas, feelings and needs verbally.
- listen and follow directions.